Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 72

Thread: Verified by AG - clone Kit sold to my sister.. :(

  1. #31
    HB Forum Owner moderator's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 20th, 1999
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks for sharing the information! I wonder if the retracting bidders were members here, and read the warning.

    My favorite auction from this seller is the one for the red Bitty Baby dress. (If you haven't seen it, the dress is purple.)

  2. #32
    Inactive Member cami713's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    1,375
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    With the resurgance of clones, I would not be surprised at all if they moved the production of the clones into Mexico or Guatemala to lower costs and avoid shipping via air or sea, like they have to do from China. (which US Customs inspects better...)
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">How easy do you think they are to find in Mexico? We live just a few hours from the border, and we keep planning a trip down there, and I'd love to find one if we ever do make the trip. I wouldn't have the slightest problem buying one for less than $20, so long as I KNEW it was a fake.

  3. #33
    Inactive Member judiaci's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2003
    Posts
    2,354
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I wish I would have found a fake AG when I went to Mexico in November. That would have been a fun souvenior. The only dolls I saw were puppet types and the type in ethnic Mexican clothes.

  4. #34
    Inactive Member angelnise's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 9th, 2006
    Posts
    369
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    This is the one that GreyMist and I discovered on ebay a day or so ago?

    If I were your sister, I would contact all the other bidders.

    Revenge is sweet and a dish best served cold.

  5. #35
    Inactive Member Skittl1321's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 26th, 2005
    Posts
    1,310
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by angelnise:

    If I were your sister, I would contact all the other bidders.

    Revenge is sweet and a dish best served cold.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It is against ebay rules to contact bidders- even to warn them about a fake. If people do this, they are no better than the seller- both are breaking ebay rules.

  6. #36
    Inactive Member GillyGals.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2006
    Posts
    99
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Skittl1321:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by angelnise:

    If I were your sister, I would contact all the other bidders.

    Revenge is sweet and a dish best served cold.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It is against ebay rules to contact bidders- even to warn them about a fake. If people do this, they are no better than the seller- both are breaking ebay rules.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Rules or not.. if eBay does not follow thru with their own policies and end the auction, you better believe I am tempted and just might drop a friendly note and let people know what I know... I know that my sister Kelly sure would have appreciated the kindness of an email when she was bidding... I may be breaking a rule if I did this, but the reason for doing so SURE outweighs that.
    Angie

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ March 24, 2006 09:38 PM: Message edited by: GillyGals ]</font>

  7. #37
    Inactive Member J9S's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 25th, 2006
    Posts
    217
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I totally agree with you! I would be SO thankful if someone emailed me if I were about to buy a fake doll, or fake anything, represented as the real thing! Especially if ebay doesn't do their job.

  8. #38
    Inactive Member GillyGals.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2006
    Posts
    99
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Janine_Nicole:
    I totally agree with you! I would be SO thankful if someone emailed me if I were about to buy a fake doll, or fake anything, represented as the real thing! Especially if ebay doesn't do their job.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yep, me too.. and it would have saved my sister nearly $100 by the time she paid the shipping at the end of the auciton.. PLUS the shipping to and from the AG Hospital...

  9. #39
    MissCurlyCat
    Guest MissCurlyCat's Avatar

    Post

    I don't know if that would work. As a seller, don't you have the option do delete questions?

  10. #40
    Inactive Member GillyGals.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2006
    Posts
    99
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by omitsallspaces:
    I don't know if that would work. As a seller, don't you have the option do delete questions?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">How do you mean? We were meaning emailing the bidders.. not the seller... and telling the bidders that the doll was verified by AG hospital to be a counterfiet.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •